All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIT - Microcomputer Support
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Director: Chris Mee
Upon completion of the Microcomputer Support Degree, students will be able to maintain personal computers, repair and troubleshoot common hardware problems, and use and assist end-users in using common software applications.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Create, manage, and modify databases as preparation for the examination to attain the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist – Access.
- Create, manage, and modify electronic spreadsheets as preparation for the examination to attain the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist – Excel.
- Create, manage, and modify word processing documents as preparation for the examination to attain the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist – Word.
- Create, modify, and troubleshoot computer programs using Java to develop computer programming skills.
- Create effective web pages that include links, graphics, sound, tables, forms, and style sheets using common editors.
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot computer systems that incorporate Microsoft Windows 7 as preparation for the examination to attain the Windows 7 Configuration Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist 70-620.
- Install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-sized router and switched networks as preparation for the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification.
- Troubleshoot and repair microcomputers as preparation for the examination to attain the CompTIA A+ certification.
- Train and support microcomputer end-users to include developing and delivering training modules and developing strategies for providing on-going technical support.
Estimated Resident Program Cost*
|Tuition and Fees||$6,835|
Fall 2018 MUS Student Health Insurance Premiums will be changing. Please check the Health Insurance website and/or Student Central for confirmed premium rates. Students will be charged an additional fee of $21 per credit for online/hybrid courses.
Many students need preliminary math and writing courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and writing placement before planning out their full program schedules.
GFC MSU Additional Graduation Requirement
|COLS 103||Becoming a Successful Student +||1|
|CSCI 105||Computer Fluency +||3|
|NTS 104||CCNA 1: Intro to Networks *,+||3|
|NTS 105||CCNA 2: Routing & Switching *,+||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|WRIT 101||College Writing I **,+||3|
|WRIT 122||Intro to Business Writing **,+||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|M 095||Intermediate Algebra **,+||4|
|M 121||College Algebra **,+||3|
|M 151||Precalculus **,+||4|
|M 171||Calculus I **,+||4|
|CAPP 158||MS Access *,+||3|
|COMX 115||Intro to Interpersonal Communc +||3|
|ITS 210||Network OS - Desktop *,+||3|
|NTS 204||CCNA 3: Scaling Networks *,+||3|
|NTS 205||CCNA 4: Connecting Networks *,+||3|
|BGEN 105||Introduction to Business +||3|
|CAPP 154||MS Word *,+||3|
|CSCI 111||Programming with Java I *,+||3|
|MART 231||Interactive Web I *,+||4|
|Technical Electives ***||3|
|CAPP 156||MS Excel *,+||3|
|ITS 280||Computer Repair & Maintenance *,+||4|
|ITS 299||Capstone:Internship *,+||3|
|ITS 224||Introduction To Linux||4|
Indicates prerequisites needed.
Placement in course(s) is determined by placement assessment.
Technical electives must be approved by program director.
A grade of C- or above is required for graduation.