All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.
Industrial Technician CAS
Certificate of Applied Science Degree
Program Director: Karry Hardman
This program prepares students for operation and maintenance jobs dealing with industrial machinery. Program graduates have general skills in industrial safety, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system operation, and mechanical system repair. These skills are built on a strong educational foundation in math, writing, communications, and computing.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Identify and practice safe workplace habits.
- Demonstrate familiarity with basic electrical tools and the ability to troubleshoot a basic electrical system.
- Demonstrate familiarity with basic mechanical tools and the ability to repair a basic mechanical system.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to use personal computers and common operating systems and applications software.
- Develop and practice professional standards of workplace communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of motor control circuits and how they operate.
Estimated Resident Program Cost*
|Tutiion and Fees||$3,190|
Fall 2016 MUS Student Health Insurance Premiums will be changing. Please check the Health Insurance website and/or Student Central for confirmed premium rates. Students will be charged an additional fee of $21 per credit for online/hybrid courses.
Many students need preliminary math and writing courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and writing placement before planning out their full program schedules.
GFC MSU Additional Graduation Requirement
|COLS 103||Becoming a Successful Student +||1|
|ETEC 101||AC/DC Electronics I **,+||3|
|ELCT 120||Basic Industrial Controls +||3|
|NRGY 120||Industrial Safety and Rigging **,+||3|
|NRGY 130||Fundmtl of Mechanical Systems **,+||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|M 095||Intermediate Algebra **,+||4|
|M 121||College Algebra **,+||3|
|M 151||Precalculus **,+||4|
|M 171||Calculus I **,+||4|
|MCH 130||Machine Shop||3|
|COMX 115||Intro to Interpersonal Communc +||3|
|ETEC 103||AC/DC Electronics II *,+||3|
|ELCT 130||Elec Motors and Generators *,+||3|
|NRGY 110||Fundmtl Hydraul/Pneu Systems *,+||3|
|WRIT 104||Workplace Communications +||2|
Indicates prerequisites needed.
Placement in course(s) is determined by placement assessment.
A grade of C- or above is required for graduation.