All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.
Associate of Applied Science Business Administration Management to MSU-Northern
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Director: Marilyn Besich
Program Faculty: Teri Dwyer
This program is offered completely on-line.
This program is designed to meet the diverse needs of 21st century managers by providing an in depth analysis of interrelated and multidisciplinary management constructs. It focuses on the development of organizational objectives, implementation of strategic initiatives, budget planning and financial analysis, delegation and empowerment, relationship management, employee supervision and performance evaluations. It includes development of “soft skills” such as business etiquette, emotional intelligence, social capital, and civic duties.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Utilize oral, written, and listening skills to demonstrate an understanding of business practices and theories and effectively interact with others.
- Utilize mathematical concepts and theories to analyze the viability of a business and use those concepts and theories in the decision-making process.
- Incorporate social science theories and constructs from the fields of psychology and sociology into the application of management theories.
- Develop an understanding of societies and cultures and use that understanding to implement business practices reflecting the diversity of customers, employees, and employers.
- Analyze the legal requirements and ethical implications of business decisions and how such decisions affect the business, community, and society.
- Utilize computer hardware and software to effectively manage information.
Estimated Resident Program Cost*
Estimated costs are for the Great Falls College portion of this curriculum. Please contact the partnering school for information on the estimated cost of classes there.
|Tuition and Fees||$6,380|
Fall 2015 MUS Student Health Insurance Premiums will be changing. Please check the Health Insurance website and/or Student Central for confirmed premium rates. Students will be charged an additional fee of $21 per credit for online/hybrid courses.
Many students need preliminary math and writing courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and writing placement before planning out their full program schedules
GFC MSU Additional Graduation Requirement
|COLS 103||Becoming a Successful Student +||1|
|ACTG 101||Accounting Procedures I **,+||3|
|BGEN 105||Introduction to Business +||3|
|WRIT 101||College Writing I **,+||3|
|ACTG 102||Accounting Procedures II *,+||3|
|ACTG 180||Payroll Accounting *,+||3|
|BMGT 235||Management *,+||3|
|COMX 115||Intro to Interpersonal Communc +||3|
|PSYX 100||Introduction to Psychology +||3|
|ACTG 201||Principles of Fin Acct *,+||3|
|BMGT 215||Human Resource Management *,+||3|
|BMKT 225||Marketing *,+||3|
|CAPP 156||MS Excel *,+||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|M 105||Contemporary Mathematics||3|
|M 121||College Algebra **,+||3|
|ACTG 202||Principles of Mang Acct *,+||3|
|BGEN 235||Business Law *,+||3|
|BMGT 277||Principles of Strategic Mgmt *,+||3|
|CAPP 154||MS Word *,+||3|
|WRIT 122||Intro to Business Writing **,+||3|
Indicates prerequisite needed
Placement in course(s) is determined by placement assessment
A grade of C- or above is required for graduation