All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.
Transfer From Other Institutions
Great Falls College MSU will only accept courses as transfer credit from regionally accredited post-secondary institutions, in accordance with Policy 306.5.
Credits may be accepted as they apply to the established course requirements of Great Falls College Montana State University under the following guidelines:
- The transferring student must initiate the request for evaluation of credit during the admission procedure by furnishing an official transcript from the transferring institution(s) and the necessary materials, including copies of the appropriate catalog descriptions or course syllabi to the Registrar's Office. In order to be evaluated for credit, transcripts must be issued directly from the regionally-accredited college or university, must be official, sealed documents, and must be sent directly to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
Great Falls College Montana State University
2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls, MT 59405
- Grades less than a C- for previous coursework will not be considered for transfer credit. Coursework taken more than 5 years prior to transfer request may not be accepted. If transfer credit cannot be granted, the student has the option of challenging a course or courses through the Experiential Learning policy.
- Transfer credit will be accepted only as it applies to the student’s declared program of study.
- Students will be awarded a certificate/degree upon satisfactory completion of all program requirements, provided 25% of the credits required in the degree-related program has been completed at Great Falls College MSU.
- Transfer credit will be posted on the transcript for accepted transferred course work.
- Transfer grades are not figured in the grade point average (GPA).
- Students who wish to appeal a decision regarding acceptance of transfer credit should contact the Registrar's Office to receive information on the appeal process. Students may be asked to provide course descriptions and/or syllabi for an appeal.
Quarter to Semester Credit Conversion
If a student has taken courses at an institution using quarter credits or units other than semester credits, Great Falls College MSU will convert the quarter credits/units to semester credits using the Great Falls College MSU Policy on Quarter to Semester Credit Conversion.