All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Director: Cheryl Simpson
Program Faculty: Steven Robinett
The Cybersecurity Degree prepares students for a career as a system technician/system analyst with a focus on the skills required to understand and conceptualize, design, procure, and/or build secure information technology (IT) systems.
Upon completion of the Cybersecurity Degree, students will be able to successfully provide the support, administration, and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient information technology (IT) system performance and security as an entry level or higher systems technician/system analyst.
Program prepares students for CompTia certifications, including A+, Network+, Security+, CySA+, Linux+.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Conceptualize, design, procure, and/or builds secure information technology (IT) systems, with responsibility for aspects of system and/or network development.
Operate and Maintain
- Provides the support, administration, and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient information technology (IT) system performance and security.
Oversee and Govern
- Provides leadership, management, direction, or development and advocacy so an organization may effectively conduct cybersecurity work.
Protect and Defend
- Identifies, analyzes, and mitigate threats to internal information technology (IT) systems and/or networks.
- Performs highly-specialized review and evaluation of incoming cybersecurity information to determine its usefulness for intelligence.
Collect and Operate
- Provides specialized denial and deception operations and collection of cybersecurity information that may be used to develop intelligence.
- Investigates cybersecurity events or crimes related to information technology (IT) systems, networks, and digital evidence.
**Outcomes are based on the National Institute for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Outcomes
Estimated Resident Program Cost*
|Tuition and Fees||$7,064|
Fall 2023 MUS Student Health Insurance Premiums may be changing. Please check the Health Insurance website and/or Student Central for confirmed premium rates. Students will be charged an additional fee of $21 per credit for online/hybrid courses for only Summer 2023 classes.
Many students need preliminary math and writing courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and writing placement before planning out their full program schedules.
|CSCI 100||Introduction to Programming *,+||3|
|CSCI 105||Computer Fluency +||3|
|ITS 280||Computer Repair and Maintenance *,+||4|
|M 121||College Algebra **,+||3|
|Choose one of the following:|
|WRIT 101||College Writing I **,+||3|
|WRIT 121||Intro to Technical Writing **,+||3|
|COMX 115||Introduction to Interpersonal Communication +||3|
|ITS 164||Networking Fundamentals *,+||3|
|ITS 210||Network Operating System - Desktop *,+||3|
|ITS 218||Network Security *,+||3|
|ITS 224||Introduction To Linux *,+||4|
|ITS 215||Network Operating Systems -Directory /Infrastructure *,+||4|
|ITS 245||Computer Forensics +||3|
|ITS 271||Securing Desktop/Mobile Devices *,+||4|
|ITS 279||Cloud Systems *,+||3|
|BGEN 220||Business Ethics and Social Responsibility +||3|
|ITS 222||Enterprise Security *,+||3|
|ITS 274||Ethical Hacking and Network Defense *,+||3|
|ITS 277||Software Assurance and File System Internals *,+||4|
|Select one of the following:|
|ITS 298||Internship *,+||3|
|ITS 299||Capstone *,+||3|
This class is highly recommended in addition to standard cybersecurity curriculum.
|ITS 289||Professional Certification||1|
|ITS 291||Special Topics *||1-9|
|Any CSCI Course not included in this program.|
|Any NTS Course not included in this program.|
A grade of C- or above is required for graduation.
Indicates prerequisites needed.
Placement in course(s) is determined by placement assessment.